HiVE15™ Thin Film Distillation System, Stainless Steel, Single Stage, 0.15m2SKU: LS-TFD-1SE-0.15
Lab Society has partnered with HVE (High Velocity Evaporators) again to bring a revolutionary redesign of the hybridized wiped/thin-film evaporator.
The HiVE15™ has a smaller footprint yet is still capable of fast and precise distillation, translating to savings in time and resources. This elegant and modular system was engineered with flexibility and ease of use in mind.
The HiVE15™ is here to claim its place as the most powerful benchtop TFD/WFE in its class.
Wiped Film Evaporator Highlights:
- 0.15 m2 surface area
- 1-2 LPH final distillation feed rate;
- 2-4+ LPH volatile stripping feed rate
- 240V single phase 4800 watt heat bands
- 304L stainless steel evaporator body, optimized for efficient temperature dispersion
- High surface area stainless steel, dewar-style cold trap
- Quick swap internal condenser and stripping cone
- Small footprint (20” x 24”) customizable modular tabletop frame
- Teflon-bladed wiper design with six (6) vectored blades allows precise material flow and residence time
- Universal quick disconnect fittings allows for quick setup and breakdown
- Wiper basket is 3.75” wide by 18” long; longest 4” TFD/WFE on the market
- 4800 Watts @ 240V (20 amps max) – Evaporator Heater
- 200 Watts @ 120V (5 amps max) – Feed Tank Heater
- 120 Watts @ 120V (1 amps max) – Main Motor
- Minimum 10 CFM flow rate with at least 30 mTorr ultimate vacuum rating (LS-RV-18, CRVpro30)
Heating & Cooling
- Recirculating Chiller/Heater:
- Minimum 0°C – 75°C range for standard operation
- Higher Max. Temp, between 100°C to 200°C can be used
- Minimum 1800 Watts Heating
- Minimum 300 Watts Cooling at 20°C
- 500 watts @ 20°C for Improved Performance
- Cold Trap:
- Manual Chilling: Dry Ice + Isopropanol/Acetone, or LN2 for Chilling
- Immersion Mechanical Chilling: Polyscience IP-80 with 1.75” Rigid Coil
Two Modes of Operation:
Choose between volatile stripping at higher rates vs. cutting/polishing with higher quality fractions. Quick release fittings allow the internal condenser or stripping cone to be swapped within minutes.
Short Path Thin Film Operation
(Internal Condenser Installed)
- Best for medium to heavy compound stripping and polishing
- Maximizes condensation efficiency via short vapor path length
External Condenser Thin Film Operation
(Stripping Cone Installed)
- Best used for volatile stripping, higher vapor pressure compounds
- Allows lighter compounds to exit evaporator as vapor path is extended
- Discharge Pump Kit (DPK) – adds two (2) discharge pumps to the system; coupled with the FPK makes unit continuous
- Feed Pump Kit (FPK) – adds a feed pump to the system; coupled with the DPK makes unit continuous
Pressure & Speed Control:
- Booster Pump Kit (BPK) – increased vacuum flow rates during stripping or high-vacuum distillation operations
- Dual Pump Manifold Kit (DPMK) – adds a pump cart and manifold to quickly switch between vacuum pumps
- Pressure Control Kit (PCK) – adds a precision pressure controller to accurately control high vacuum to atmospheric pressures
Customizable Processing Vapor Paths via Unique Configuration Options
The dual-port design allows for co-current and concurrent vapor path configurations, and a reversible wiper motor with vectored blades allows for tailored material residence times.
Fast & Easy Assembly and Cleaning
Adhering to the “one tool, one person, 10 minutes [assembly]” motto, the HiVE15™ delivers easier cleaning and assembly via the swing-out frame and hinged pin releases for the main still body. Another first in its class
Faster Cycle Times via High-Quality Materials
Stainless steel construction with the new HDT (heat dispersion technology) and powerful electric heater bands allows for quicker heating and cooling, allowing for accelerated system startup and cooldown cycles. Proprietary aerogel insulated thermal wrap ensures consistent temperatures while also increasing heat retention resulting in reduced power costs and increased performance.
High Expandability & Portability
Modular 80/20 frame allows for aftermarket upgrade options and mounting auxiliary gear. Smaller footprint and height allow for benchtop placement.