Thin Film Distillation System – Single Stage, 0.2m2SKU: LS-TFD-1S-0.2
Call for Pricing
We’ve partnered with InCon Process Systems (IPS) to bring you a new, single-stage short path thin film distillation system (0.2m2).
This is the most comprehensive, USA-made, stainless steel single-stage continuous distillation system on the market today.
CannaBeast® is the sole property of InCon Process Systems LLC (IPS).
Features & Benefits:
- 0.2m2 Evaporation Surface Area: High-efficiency short path thin film evaporator with exceptional evaporation surface area
- Precise & Continuous Operation: Various HMI options give users precise control over all system parameters with the ability to save custom presets/recipes for repeatability and ease of use
- Dual-Pump Manifold Advantage: Single-stage units feature a dual-pump manifold with two (2) vacuum pumps: a dry diaphragm pump for volatile stripping, and a high-vacuum pump for heavy compound distillation
IPS Thin Film Distillation System Highlights:
- Completely jacketed stainless steel process piping
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) forward design
- Inline sight glasses
- Jacketed feed tank, 8-Gallon
- Manual isolation valves
- Material contact surfaces: 316L stainless steel
- Coriolis Flow Meters for reliable, high-viscosity fluid flow monitoring (replacing geared flow meters) with custom cast thermal jackets.
- Digital pressure transmitters for gear pumps (replacing analog gauges)
- Standardized insulated cold trap jumper hoses and insulated external cold trap coils
- Fully welded hot oil lines
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) standard
- Various Feed Tank options (3-Stage only)
- Various Human-Machine Interface (HMI) options
- Various vacuum system options
- 5 – 20 LPH Feed Speed, 7.5 LPH Pass Speed
- Short path evaporation technology optimized for thermally sensitive compounds
- Short path evaporator with internal, high surface area coil condenser
- Standard PTFE rollers with splash guards for maximum longevity
Temperature Control Units (TCUs)
- All chilling & heating fluids
- Closed-loop hot oil circulator
- Max. 250°C
- For evaporator
- Closed-loop tempered water units (2)
- Max 100°C
- For feed tank & system jacketing
- For internal short path condenser
- Cold trap chiller: -30°C to -50°C (Included)
- Closed-loop cold trap chiller: -50°C to -80°C (+$15,000.00)
Vacuum System & Options
- All Vacuum Clamps, Hoses, and Valves
- Consistent Bore Size 40-50mm to Pump Inlets
- Dual-point Vacuum Monitoring System with Valve Control
- Vacuum Pre-Filter and Secondary Catch
- Multiple Pump Options*:
- High Capacity/High Vacuum Diaphragm Pump
- Rotary Vane Pump + Oil Mist Filter
- Booster Pump Kits
- Dry Screw Pumps (coming soon)
Human Machine Interface (HMI) Options*
- Included standard on all units: EliteLab Core Touchscreen Control Interface
- Temperature Control Unit (TCU) & Pressure consolidated controls
- Custom Presets and Automation Settings for “Recipes” and repeatability via multi-day data-logging of all parameters
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) by Allen Bradley (additional fee*)
- 22” Touchscreen Control Interface integrates VFDs into a simple interface for system control, data-logging, and management
- Preset and custom alarms for production stability with remote control options
- PLC with Automated Level Sensors (additional fee*)
- Fluid level sensors added into process lines to sense the flow rates and control respective material pump speed
- Set flow rate on feed pump and sensors will automatically adjust discharge pump speeds
- Requires additional height*
Installation & Support Included
- 3-Day onsite utilities install & mechanical check and intensive training
- Additional days billed at $3,000 per day
- Full Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) pre-shipment
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Clean-in-place (CIP) Procedures
- On-going Quarterly Over The Air (QOTA) checkups
Single Stage Unit Advantages:
Utilizing a single-stage distillation unit requires multiple passes through the unit to achieve a sellable product. Each pass through the machine requires different operational parameters including temperature, pressure, and speed. The dual-pump manifold gives users the ability to run volatile and/or heads stripping passes with a dry vacuum pump coupled with a pressure controller. This provides the ability to set precise pressures alongside temperatures to make stripping passes optimal and most effective.
After the feed product has been thoroughly stripped and prepped for final, heavy compound distillation, users can clean the system and then utilize the rotary vane pump assembly to reach high vacuum levels effectively without disassembly of the unit. This greatly improves the operational simplicity of the units as well as flexibility to perform various distillation types within one machine.
InCon Process Systems
With over 25 years of high vacuum distillation technology experience, InCon Process Systems has designed, built, and operated the world’s largest distillation plants for hundreds of different compounds. InCon’s experience and knowledge ranging from highly specialized fractional distillation plants and lab-scale precision systems to 50m2 industrial-scale distillation plants has set them apart within the Short Path and Thin Film distillation markets. InCon’s partnership has allowed for true industrial manufacturing experience to be scaled down into the Cannabis market, focusing on automation, reliability, and capability of 24/7 manufacturing.
(CannaBeast® is a trademark of InCon Process Systems.)
Lab Society & InCon Process Systems
Lab Society has partnered with InCon Process Systems (IPS) to bring the industry the most comprehensive, USA-made stainless steel, continuous short path distillation plants on the market. Designed solely around distilling high boiling point compounds coupled with low boiling point constituents in the feedstock, the CannaBeast® line of distillation systems has all the features necessary to streamline and maximize throughput in a variety of evaporation sizes.
Thin Film Distillation is the best method for distilling and purifying thermally sensitive compounds, due to the short residence time of product exposed to heat. This, coupled with an internal condenser, provides exceptional efficiency and speed.
Short Path Distillation was designed to minimize the length that vapor needs to travel from where it is generated to where it is condensed. The thin-film system achieves this by utilizing a high-efficiency evaporator at the center of the wiper basket, providing the shortest distance for the molecules to travel.
The PTFE wiper blades of the system’s wiper basket spread a smooth and even thin film across the inner surface area of the single-stage, providing excellent heat transfer, evaporation, and condensation rates.