Thin Film Distillation System – Single Stage, 0.25m2SKU: LS-TFD-1SE-0.25
Lab Society has partnered with High-Velocity Extractors (HVE) to bring you a 0.25m2 Single Stage, Thin Film Distillation Unit. Our new system addresses growing industry production demands while keeping budgetary constraints in mind.
With Stainless Steel Thin Film Distillation technology,
this 0.25m2 short path distillation evaporator outperforms every other unit in its price class.
(Stainless Steel, Single Stage, 0.25m2)
- Approx. 6 kg/hour Input Feed Capability for Volatile Stripping
- Approx. 2-4 kg/hour Input Feed Capability – for cutting and polishing the main body
- 0.25 m2 Short Path Evaporator (1)
- Virgin PTFE Wiper Blades with 316 SS Wiper Cage
- Removable Hybrid Still Cold Finger
- Manual Inlet Feed Tank with Heater/PID
- Electric Heat Bands (4) with PID Control Box
- Precision Vacuum Gauge
- Baffled Cold Trap with Receiver (Dry Ice/Liquid Nitrogen)
- Manual Valves
- 80/20 Common Frame with Wheels
- 316 Stainless Steel Construction
The most effective and affordable in their class, these systems feature a virgin PTFE wiper basket inside of a six-inch 316 Stainless Steel evaporator body.
Heat is provided via four (4) electronic heat bands which are precisely controlled by a single, commonly mounted PID for full temperature control without the use of expensive, dangerous heating oils.
Jacketed feed tank.
Feed is provided by a jacketed feed tank, which is also heated electronically and controlled by a separate temperature controller for precise input feed temperature.
Strips volatiles at 6kg per hour.
The unit can perform volatile stripping at a rate of 6 kilograms (kg) per hour utilizing the included “cone-bottom” condenser replacement.
For high boiling point, short path distillation, the unit features a high-surface-area, removable inner condensation coil that can perform at 2-4 kg per hour feed rates.
EliteLab and Bluetooth compatible.
Precise vacuum monitoring and analytics are provided by the LS-PVM-1BT, a Bluetooth-capable (and EliteLab® compatible) vacuum gauge mounted to the rear of the high surface area, baffled Auxiliary Condenser/Cold trap, which is also constructed of Stainless Steel.
- 6400 Watts @ 240V (30 amps max) – Evaporator Heater
- 600 Watts @ 120V (5 amps max) – Feed Tank Heater
- 180 Watts @ 120V (1.5 amps max) – Main Motor
Additional Wattage for Vacuum Pump & Chiller/Heater not Included Here
Footprint of Common Frame:
- Depth: 27 Inches (685.8mm)
- Width: 45 Inches (1143mm) + 12 Inches Per Shelf (2 Included)
- Height: 84 Inches (2133.6mm)
Additional Footprint for Shelves, Pumps, Chillers/Heaters not Included Here
High Vacuum Pump:
- 10-30 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)
- Minimum 30 mTorr/micron Ultimate Vacuum Rating
- Ex. CRVpro16, CRVpro24, or our recommendation: CRVpro30 with Exhaust Filter or the Lab Society RV36
Chiller/Heater for Inner Coil Condenser:
- Minimum 0-75° Celsius temperature range
- Higher Max. Temp, between 100°C to 200°C, for Hot Condenser Applications
- Minimum 500 Watts for Cooling at 20°C
- 1000 watts @ 20°C for Improved Performance
Cold Trap Requirements:
- Manual Chilling: Dry Ice + Isopropanol/Acetone for Chilling, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2)
- Mechanical Chilling: Polyscience IP-80 with 1.75” Rigid Coil
- Optional Additional Cold Trap: T80 with KF25 Stainless Steel Insert
Training Options Available Upon Request:
- 1-Day Lab Society Thin Film Distillation Install & Training* – $3000
- 2-Day Lab Society Thin Film Distillation Install & Training* – $6000
*Note: All System requirements must be present on-site prior to arrival, including electrical connection, vacuum pump, chiller/heater, & cold trap coolant.