20L Short Path Distillation Kit - NEW!
– Lab Society
Get the most out of your workspace!
Lab Society has produced multiple dual-headed distillation systems over the past several years.
Through this process, a variety of changes and improvements were necessary to continue to build larger systems with exceptional throughputs.
Our brand new 20L dual-head system has taken into account these improvements and is here to up your lab’s capability.
Up to 10-12 kg. of product per batch.
The 20L boiling flask holds up to 12L (10-12kg) of product per batch; This increase in surface area and volume (in addition to the new PDH-3V silvered distillation head with 40mm bore size) gives the 20L the power to output 1-2L per hour during the main body fraction.
Dual-headed distillation, double the output.
With two (2) distillation heads running simultaneously, the 20L has the ability to do 2-4L per hour output (and even more!) depending on runtime parameters.
Surprisingly small footprint.
We’ve managed to achieve significant upgrades in both output and efficiency while decreasing the total size of this kit. The result is the most powerful kit per square foot we’ve ever produced.
Prior dual-headed systems (5L and 12L legacy kits) took up excessive bench space and required significant lengths of tubing/hose to connect both sides. As a result, a variety of issues presented themselves.
Greater efficiency, simplified design.
Here are some common issues with other large-format distillation kits:
- build up of residue in tubing (causing flow issues and drops in efficiency)
- one head running faster than the other (due to variable lengths in tubing)
- and unequal heating of the heads (due to the top mantle having a seam at one of the distillation heads)
Our 20L system offers solutions to nearly all of these issues:
- Full-bore Only Design – no tubing/hoses for vacuum connections anywhere on the system
- Utilizes air condenser to create an area of pressure drop prior to exiting to the Y-Manifold
- Maximizes molecular flow conductivity from condensers through the cold trap
- KF25 Flexible Y-Manifold:
- Eliminates variability in distance to vacuum pump
- Shrinks benchtop space down to the size of a 12L system
- Single KF25 connection to cold trap/vacuum pump
- High conductance of molecular flow from both sides of the system into the cold trap
- Ability to achieve high-vacuum levels within the system due to conductance
- Dual Heads Running in Parallel, Rather Than Opposing:
- Simple tee connections for condensers, short lengths of hose
- Lattice rack runs through the center of system, creating a “mirror” setup
- Seam on Top Mantle Located on the Back, Away from Distillation Heads
- No variance in top mantle heating area surrounding each distillation head
Additional key features:
- As long as the system is level from front to back (a view from the side is necessary), heads will run within a few degrees of each other – so no more playing with one head going faster than the other.
- Dual-point vacuum sensing – one on the system, one at the pump
- You can now see the variance between system pressure and pump pressure, to determine cold trap efficiency and pump integrity.
- A single-point vacuum measurement on the system gives more accurate pressure measurement.
- Simple vacuum release on one of the distillation heads
- Swing arm usability via utilizing extra clamps – to mount 5L recovery flasks upwards during the start of distillation for primary fractions
- The condenser GL caps and boiling flask Rodaviss caps are now rated for high temperatures up to 250°C.
- Compatibility with Modular Condenser Kits (MCK) for secondary separations, etc.
Not only that, but this kit is fully compatible with our EliteLab Automation Software!
- TCM-1 (Temperature Controller/Monitor) for product temperature control, ramping, etc.
- DTM-2 (Digital Temperature Monitor – Dual) for monitoring vapor temperature in both distillation heads simultaneously; can set alarms for setpoints with an audible beep
- PVM-2 (Precision Vacuum Monitor – Dual) for 2-point vacuum monitoring of system pressure and pump pressure
- More to come!