G3 Series Short Path Distillation Kit
Contact Us for Pricing
The G3 Series Short Path Distillation Kit series is the most comprehensive, innovative, and efficient short path kit we have ever released.
All G3/G3X/G3X-R Short Path kits are certified and peer-reviewed to NRTL standards.
As an industry leader in quality short path systems, we have been at the forefront of this progressive technology and have worked to design and build a best-in-class system that is easy to integrate into any existing laboratory or operation.
The culmination of years of short path development here at Lab Society, the G3/G3X series of short path kits offers you unparalleled throughput, potency, and system lifespan compared to other short path systems on the market.
The G3/G3X Executive Short Path Distillation Kit series is available in 5L, 12L, and 20L configurations.
NEW: We’ve just added the G3X-R option to our lineup (available in 20L only). The 20L G3X-R system is Lab Society’s fastest benchtop distillation system to date. Featuring a 150mm reactor flanged distillation head with a 100mm-wide fractionating column, this system has the ability to perform sustained distillation speeds of up to 4.5 liters per hour (LPH) discharge during the main body fraction.
Each kit is available in a variety of electrical voltages to accommodate both international users and users who may have specific power requirements within their facility.
Each kit has been fully peer-reviewed and includes certifications for all electrical components.
G3/G3X includes all glassware, supports, & clamps as well as electronic controllers and monitors needed for operation. We’re also including extensive documentation and SOPs for GMP integration, along with our outstanding technical support and the Lab Society warranty.
The G3/G3X kit series is built around a full-bore design that promotes molecular flow and conductivity under high vacuum. This helps decrease pressure within the system as well as at the pump. Each kit includes a silvered distillation head, which greatly improves thermal efficiency.
Coupled with the full-bore design, boiling temperatures within the system have been decreased by 20° to 40°C compared to non-full-bore systems. This increase in thermal efficiency and throughput allows users to experience higher potencies, due to less residence time within the system.
“I have been performing short path distillation for the last 5 years. When I first started, I had a 5 Liter short path from [a competitor]. It was ok, but primitive for the processing I needed to do. I constantly had problems with vacuum leaks due to hoses. One day, I was so annoyed with my purchase from [competitor], I went online and discovered your company. I ordered the 12L G2 Executive Short Path unit, and the price made me hesitant at first. When I set it up the unit and had it running, I was producing about 250 grams of distillate per hour at 190 degrees Celsius with about 100 millitorrs of vacuum pressure. My other unit will not even distill at the same temperature due to a vacuum pressure of 700 millitorrs. When I was done with the run, I literally gathered up all my parts for my 5 liter short path from [competitor] and threw it into the dumpster. From that moment on, I will only buy my equipment from Lab Society. The quality of glass and the product itself is far superior compared to all the other brands I have tried. I use this short path every day, and I am still extremely satisfied with it. I also bought a chromatography column from Lab Society, and that has significantly increased the quality and color of my distillate. If I ever need to upgrade, I know exactly where to go. Keep up with the great work, I have referred your equipment to many other labs during my consultations.”
– Mark G.
G3 Improvements & Features
- Fully peer-reviewed system with certifications on electrical parts
- Single head, full-bore configuration for each system – promotes molecular flow, reduces operating temperature, and gives users increased ease-of-use compared to multi-head configurations
- Custom-cut ground glass drip tips – eliminate grease contamination and allow distillate to drip directly into the receiving flask
- All collection joints have been increased to 29/42 (29 mm) – to reduce potential clogging
- Condenser length has been extended for increased surface area and to accommodate larger collection flasks
- Improved heating mantle system with digital temperature and stir control
- Dual Temperature Monitoring allows the user to monitor temperature from two separate areas on the system such as the distillation head and cold trap, which improves thermal efficiency throughout the system, and allows for more producibility between runs
- Integrated supports built into each mantle – to make setup easy
- Full lattice rack included with each kit
- Reinforced mantle base – increases stability, dampens vibration, and provides better alignment for the whole system
- Improved glassware connections – utilizing ground glass joint to KF25 adapters for maximum vacuum capability and leak reduction
- Pinched thermocouple adapters for easy removal
- 1 year EliteLab® subscription included with each kit
G3X Improvements & Features
G3X kits include all of the improvements and features of the G3 kits as well as the following:
- Angled vacuum take-off valves – for both the swingarm and secondary collection port which allows for isolation from the rest of the system as well as unlimited fraction collection
- Secondary, liquid-cooled “cold finger” condenser – for greater condensation efficiency
- Jacketless primary condenser – for increased flow; keeps volatiles in vapor state for collection away from the main body fraction
G3X-R Improvements & Features
The 20L G3X-R system is Lab Society’s fastest benchtop distillation system to date. Featuring a 150mm reactor flanged distillation head with a 100mm-wide fractionating column, this system has the ability to perform sustained distillation speeds of 4.5 liters per hour (LPH) discharge during the main body fraction. The distillation head, DH-150HE is built upon Lab Society’s patented high-efficiency distillation head technology.
High-efficiency distillation heads operate off of the principle of rapid pressure drop, or pre-condensation of vapors within the distillation head itself prior to exit to the attached condenser. The head features a vacuum-jacketed silver section above the flange connection which efficiently retains heat, thus reducing boiling flask temperatures required to reach desired distillation temperatures. The separation of this silvered section of the head and the top, unjacketed and non-silvered section creates a large temperature variance, triggering condensation and pressure drop. Having this “pre-condenser” in the top of the distillation head reduces the need for additional wattage of heating to the boiling flask as well as the wattage needed to cool the condenser – thus the high-efficiency terminology. Further improvements to the heating efficiency of this system include an insulating jacket that covers the area from the top mantle to the silvered section of the head, retaining precious heat below the condensation point.
The 20L G3X-R kit is built upon the G3X platform, which includes valved discharge points on the primary and secondary receivers for the ability to switch collection flasks during live operation. The kit also includes two (2) distillation head inserts: an evacuated, Vigreux-indented insert and a temperature-controllable fluid-filled finger insert. These inserts provide extra surface area within the fractionating column, which allows users to utilize various reflux ratios to separate compounds as they choose. Additionally, G3X systems include a primary/secondary condenser setup, giving users the ability to run jacketless condensers or hot condensers for additional separation. The liquid-cooled secondary condenser (LS-A90-VC45) replaces the air condenser on previous full bore systems, providing more surface area and the ability to cool the finger to a desired temperature.
- All improvements and features from G3 series
- 150mm Reactor Flange distillation head (LS-DH-150HE) with 100mm distillation column
- Distillation head inserts (2):
- Evacuated, Vigreux-indented insert
- Temperature-controllable fluid-filled finger insert
- Fiberglass Insulator to retain radiant heat in space between silvered jacket and heating mantle system
- Secondary Cold Finger Condenser (LS-A90-VC45) for use with jacketless condenser, hot condenser, or high-efficiency fraction collection within the system
- Angled Isolation Valves:
- Inline distribution adapter (swing arm/primary collection) valve with vacuum release for unlimited fraction collection
- Distribution receiver (secondary collection) valve with vacuum release for unlimited fraction collection
G3X-R Optional Add-ons
- Modular Condenser Kit (MCK)
- Hot Condenser Mantle Kit (HCK)
- Complete System:
- Peer-Reviewed, GMP Compliant
- Heating Mantles:
- CAN/CSA C284101, C22.2 No. 88
- Temperature Controller:
- NRTL, QPS, CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts.
- UL 61010-1; 61010-2-201
- CAN/CSA 61010-1, C22.2
- Temperature Monitor:
- CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts.
- Stir Controller:
- CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts.
- Vacuum Monitor:
- RoHS / CE / NRTL
- Meets ASTM specification E438, type 1, class A, Kimble Kimax or Schott Duran Glass
G3X-R What’s in the Box?
- Documentation & SOPs for GMP integration
- Electronic controllers & monitors
- Glassware, supports, & clamps
- Technical Support & Warranties
G3X-R also includes:
- LS Evacuated, Structured Head Insert
- LS Cold Finger Head Insert
- LS Fiberglass Insulator for Distillation Head
- LS Jacketless Condenser
- LS 90° Adapter with Vertical Condenser
- LS Swing Arm with Angled Take-Off Valve
- LS Distribution Adapter with Angled
- Take-Off Valve
- TCM (Temperature Controller/Monitor)
- DTM-1 (Digital Temperature Monitor)
- PVM-2 (Precision Vacuum Monitor – Dual)
- DSC-1 (Digital Stir Controller)
All Benchtop Kit purchases come with a 1-year license ($299.99 Value). Now available on macOS, Windows 10+, and Linux. Learn more at labsociety.com/elitelab
G3/G3X Specs: 5L 12L 20L 20L G3X-R Batch Capacity: 2500mL (approx. 2500g dewaxed oil) 6000mL (approx. 6000g dewaxed oil) 10,000mL (approx. 10,000 grams dewaxed oil) 10,000mL (approx. 10,000g dewaxed oil) Optimum Capacity: 900 - 1500mL 3000 - 4000mL 7,000 - 9,000mL 7,000 - 9,000mL Absolute Max. Capacity: 3000mL 8000mL 12,0000mL 12,000mL (approx. 12,000g dewaxed oil) Main Body Fraction Flow Rate: 400 - 800 grams/hour 1000 - 2000 grams/hour 2000 - 4000 grams/hour 2,000 - 4,500 grams/hour Batch Duration: 4 - 8 Hours (estimated) 4 - 10 Hours (estimated) 4 - 10 Hours (estimated) 4-10 Hours (estimated - batch durations are dependent upon primary extraction method, pre-processing methodology and material composition.) Benchtop Size: 30” x 30” x 30” (not including pump/trap/circulator) 43” x 27” x 40” (not including pump/trap/circulator) 45” x 27” x 42” (not including pump/trap/circulator) 45” x 27” x 42” (not including pump/trap/circulator) Distillation Head: PDH-2S (silvered) PDH-3 (silvered) PDH-6 (silvered) DH-150HE
G3/G3X Requirements: 5L 12L 20L 20L G3X-R Vacuum Pump: Pair with LS-RV-12, LS-RV-18, LS-RV-25, or LS-RV-36, CRVpro16, CRVpro24, CRVpro30 Pair with LS-RV-12, LS-RV-18, LS-RV-25, or LS-RV-36, CRVpro16, CRVpro24, CRVpro30 Pair with LS-RV-12, LS-RV-18, LS-RV-25, or LS-RV-36, CRVpro16, CRVpro24, CRVpro30 Pair with: LS-RV-18, LS-RV-25, LS-RV-36, LS-RV-50, CRVpro16 (3161-01), CRVpro24, CRVpro30 (3301-01) Optimal Ultimate Pressure Rating: 20 Micron Free Air Displacement: min. 5 cfm. / Max. 50 cfm Cold Trap: Glass: LS-DCT-2HE Mechanical: MAXTRAP 105 or T80 with stainless steel insert Glass: LS-DCT-2HE Mechanical: MAXTRAP 105 or T80 with stainless steel insert Glass: LS-DCT-2HE Mechanical: MAXTRAP 105 or T80 with stainless steel insert Mechanical: T80 with Stainless Steel Cold Trap Insert or MAXTRAP 105 Liquid Circulator: MX07R, SD07R, AD07R, K-6, CD-200F MX07R, SD07R, AD07R, K-6, CD-200F MX07R, SD07R, AD07R, K-6, CD-200F MX07R, SD07R, AD07R, Kiss K-6, CD-200F Chiller Temp. Requirement: 32°F, 0°C or below
System And Electrical Parameters
G3/G3X Electrical Parameters: 5L 12L 20L 20L G3X-R Heating Mantle: 1150w, 120V, 10 amps/ EU 950w, 230V, 5 amps Max temp: 260°C (PTFE/PFA temp. limit) 1750w, 120V, 15.2 amps / EU 1750w, 230V, 7.7 amps Max temp: 260°C (PTFE/PFA temp. limit) 1750w, 120V, 15.2 amps / EU 1750w, 230V, 7.7 amps Max temp: 260°C (PTFE/PFA temp. limit) 1750w, 120V, 15.2 amps / EU 1750w, 230V, 7.7 amp Max temp: 260°C (PTFE/PFA temp. limit) Stirring Motor: 110 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 2 amps. Speed Range: 100 - 1850 RPM 110 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 2 amps. Speed Range: 100 - 1850 RPM 110 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 2 amps. Speed Range: 100 - 1850 RPM 110 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 2 amps. Speed Range: 100 - 1850 RPM Vacuum Monitoring: 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.3 amps Range: 1 mTorr - 760 Torr 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.3 amps Range: 1 mTorr - 760 Torr 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.3 amps Range: 1 mTorr - 760 Torr 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.3 amp Range: 1 mTorr - 760 Torr Temperature Monitoring: 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 1 amp 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 1 amp 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz, 1 amp 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 1 amp
Complete System: Peer-Reviewed, GMP Compliant Heating Mantles: CAN/CSA C284101, C22.2 No.88 Temperature Controller: NRTL, QPS, CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts, UL 61010-1; 61010-2-201, CAN/CSA 61010-1, C22.2 Temperature Monitor: CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts Stir Controller: CE, Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts Vacuum Monitor: RoHS, CE Glassware: Meets ASTM specification E438, type 1, class A, Kimble Kimax or Schott Duran Glass
- Download the Data Sheet