Raising the bar for short path kits.
– by Lab Society
More output. Less time.
Introducing the all new, 12 liter (12L) short path distillation system from Lab Society. The largest installment of our Executive G2 Series is finally available.
We asked our customers, and they wanted one thing: increased output on a scale like never before, faster than ever before. So we built the most comprehensive, turn-key solution for short path ever brought to market.
This kit is fully compatible with our EliteLab Automation Software!
With Lab Society’s new PDH-2 distillation head, users are seeing speed increases of up to 200% from prior systems.
With the same theory behind Lab Society’s previous dual-headed 5L system, the 12L employs the ability to simultaneously run a second PDH-2 or an auxiliary condenser setup to vastly improve speed and efficiency.
Utilizing a three-way valve between the two distillation heads allows for accurate flow control between the dual-sided system. With the increase in throughput, users are also experiencing higher potencies due to product having less residence time in the system.
This means that you’ll get greater output in less time than ever before.
Lab Society’s precisely engineered parts and patent-pending glassware designs make the distillation process easier, less user involved, and more efficient. The 12L G2 system features a modular design, so you can quickly modify or customize your system to meet specific production criteria.
The system also includes material transfer tools, cleaning tools, and extra setup parts – everything you need to configure the system to fit your laboratory’s needs.
Engineered for precision.
The G2 kit utilizes precise temperature controllers, temperature monitors, and vacuum monitors for complete process control, as well as automation/data logging features. All of Lab Society’s controllers are PC-compatible with software available on labsociety.com or via the product manual.
With a computer connected to the controllers, you can easily control the G2 unit while data logging, setting ramp programs, and/or I/O functions.
Built like a tank.
Sometimes running around the lab all day can make you feel like a bull in a china shop. That’s why we designed this system to be the most robust we’ve ever built. We stabilized every joint and optimized each component for the wear and tear of daily, industrial laboratory use.
Everything you need.
The 12L G2 Distillation System is a commercial-scale short path distillation system that includes all of the clamps, hoses, connectors, accessories, and tools to perform distillations efficiently and with ease.
Raising the bar.
We’ve examined every piece of our kit and made it better. We questioned every assumption, and each time we ran into a wall, we built a new component from the ground up. The result is the most highly functional short path distillation kit we’ve ever built.
- Batch Capacity: 6000mL (approx. 6600g dewaxed oil)
- Optimum capacity: 3000-4500mL
- Absolute Max. Capacity: 7000mL (approx. 7700g dewaxed oil)
- Main Body Fraction Flow Rate: 1000-2000g/hour
- Batch Duration: 4-8 hours (Estimated)
- *Batch durations are dependent upon primary extraction method, pre-processing methodology and material composition.
- Benchtop Size: 30” x 48” x 32” (not including pump/trap/circulator)
- Distillation Head: PDH-2 (LS-PDH-2)
- American Made Glassware and Controllers
- Pair with: 2070B-01, 3061-01, 3081-01, nXDS10iC, RV5 , RV8, 1402B-01
- Min. Ultimate Pressure: 150 micron/ mTorr
- Free Air Displacement: min. 1.8 cfm, max. 12 cfm
- *Modified configurations may utilize 12-20 cfm (utilize at own risk, Lab Society is not responsible or liable for damages or misuse).
- Pair with: LS-CTK-C, T40, IP-60, IP-80
- Manual: Dry ice with isopropanol or acetone; immersion or Dewar style.
- Note: If a vacuum trap is approx. -100°C (-166°F), oxygen can condense to a liquid under deep vacuum pressures. This can create potentially explosive situations. Lab Society does not recommend running your vacuum traps at or below said temperature.
- Pair with: LS-BTK-8C, MX07R, SD07R, AD07R
- Min. Temp.: 32°C
System And Electrical Parameters
- Heating Mantles: 1800w, 115V, 15.6 amps.
- Max. System temperature: 260°C (PTFE / PFA Temp. Limit)
- Stirring Motor: 29w, 130V, .22 amps
- Speed Range: 100-1850 rpm
- Vacuum Monitoring: 15w, 100-120V
- Range: .7 mTorr to 800 Torr
- Heating Mantles: CSA
- Controllers: CE / NRTL Constructed with 100% UL and CSA listed parts.
- Stirrer: CE / CSA / NRTL
- Vacuum Gauge: RoHS / CE / NRTL
- Glassware: Meets ASTM Specifications E438, Type 1, Class A, Kimble Kimax or Schott Duran glass.
What's in the Box?
- LS-Round Bottom Flask, Four Neck, 12,000mL
- LS-Single Distribution Adapter - (2)
- LS-Thermocouple Adapter Fixed - (3)
- LS-Analog Stirring Controller
- LS Detachable Condenser - (4)
- LS-Temperature Monitor K-type Double
- LS-Temperature Controller K-type
- LS-Lab Pad 4” - (2)
- LS Multi Distribution Adapter, GL-18 - (2)
- LS-Packable Distillation Head PDH-2 - (2)
- LS-Precision Vacuum Monitor/Gauge
- Evaporating Flask 1000mL - (2)
- Evaporating Flask 2000mL - (2)
- Evaporating Flask 3000mL - (2)
- Heating Mantle System
- Lab Jack
- Stainless Steel 8x8 - (2)
- Powder Funnel 150mm
- Round Bottom Flask, Single Neck, 250mL - (2)
- Round Bottom Flask, Single Neck, 500mL - (2)
- Thermocouple K Type PFA-Coated 6 in. - (2)
- Thermocouple K Type Uncoated 18 in.
- Vacuum Grease
- Wagner Heat Gun
- All hoses, rods, clamps and connectors