- Technical Sales (full time)
- (Written) Content Creator (part time)
- 3D Renderer / Video Production Manager
- Web Development (internship)
- Technical Support (full time)
If you have a suspicion that you’re perfect for one of these roles, send us your contact information, a resume (and cover sheet if applicable) to: email@example.com. Or, use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– The Lab Society Team
– Full Time
We are seeking an individual to support and sell our own products (and those of vendors), capabilities, and services to botanical extraction labs, testing labs, and other defined accounts.
The main responsibility as an Inside Technical Sales Specialist is to develop and grow revenue streams in the botanical extraction product sector by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers through sound application expertise and business acumen. Secondary responsibilities include supporting marketing initiatives – such as tabletop presentations and conference attendance, distributor training, and assisting with administrative tasks.
The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of the commercial extraction process, and understanding of the highly technical (large-scale) machines we carry is a must.
- execute a sales plan to assist the organization in meeting and exceeding the global sales objectives
- contribute to short and long-term business plans through in-depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials
- support distribution channels (specifically associated with opportunities) to develop maintain, and expand existing business
- support marketing in developing strategies and sales tools needed for product line success.
- qualify, develop and close prospects & customers according to strategic and territory plan
- engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails
- forecast business and sales accurately to the company as required
- attend trade shows and participate in marketing efforts
- provide feedback to FISI personnel on changes in the marketplace and competitive information
- complete reports and additional paperwork required in a timely fashion
- work within the expense guidelines
- other duties may be assigned as needed to achieve the corporate plan
- B.S. in a Biological/Chemical/Life Science with a minimum 2 years of relevant working experience, or M.S. with 0-2 years working experience
- work experience as a Botanical Extraction Lab Director or in Technical Scientific Equipment Sales is preferred
- training specific to the responsibilities at hand and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- minimum of two (2) years related experience in Sales, Marketing and related functions to Business Development in the scientific equipment industries
- minimum of one-year laboratory experience in botanical extractions or testing
- the ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions regardless of format – written or verbal
- intermediate level of sales and marketing techniques in a technical environment
- general knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- the ability to speak, write and read English fluently
- good oral and written communication skills
- You must be physically capable of rigorous, extensive air and automotive travel and spending considerable amounts of time away from home. You should also have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and you must be able to speak and hear, use a computer and telephone, and drive a motor vehicle.
- overnight travel as needed to achieve the business objectives
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Technical Sales” in the subject line, or use the form at the bottom of this page.
(Written) Content Creator
– Part Time to Start
Are you an expert in extraction, distillation, chemistry, and industry practices?
We’re looking for an individual to help us with content and material creation, and this person has to have extensive knowledge of the latest techniques, and of course, knowledge on how to operate and use our equipment is a huge plus!
If you’re an industry professional or just extremely knowledgeable in the space, we’re looking for you!
- Able to gather information (research) from multiple sources and distill accurate information into concise, written output.
- Able to research topics weekly based on input we provide and give us results back on a deadline.
- Great writer strongly preferred, but you’ll also work together with our editorial team.
- Our team will give you topic ideas, and your job will be to compile in-depth (accurate) information on those topics and create meaningful output – all within a week.
- Deliver one finished topic per week.
- Find ways of taking complex processes and making them understandable and simple for the casual reader, while still benefitting the scientific community.
3D Renderer / Video Production Manager
Are you a rockstar video content creator?
…then we’ve got a dream job for you.
Lab Society is looking for a 3D Renderer & Video Producer to join our team!
We are looking for a candidate who has a great demeanor and is eager to add value to a rapidly expanding company. Our ideal candidate has an exceptional eye for design paired with basic technical skills and a willingness to learn. Lab Society creates an opportunity for growth for all our employees, and we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us!
- Proficient editing skills in your industry-accepted program
- Strong knowledge of 3D Rendering in the program of your choice
- Adobe Creative Suite
- AutoCAD (preferred but not required)
- Create/edit educational and marketing videos that exceed the industry standard
- Self-motivated & capable of delivering high-quality videos on deadlines
- Keen eye with exceptional visual taste
- Collaborate with marketing managers and assist with marketing campaigns & specific input regarding video & 3D rendering input
- Working with marketing managers to create aesthetically pleasing videos/renderings based on marketable topics
- Create/edit one video per week
- Create/edit one longer video (1 – 5 mins) per month, and chop that video into smaller deliverables, e.g. for Instagram/Facebook use.
- Attend occasional after hours events to gather editable film material
Are you looking for a web development internship with a fast-growing tech start-up?
Then we’re looking for you!
We need a rising web development all-star who’s looking for a great summer project.
You’ll be working under our director of technology, and together we’ll migrate an existing site to a newer, more scalable platform. There will be significant challenges and puzzles to solve, with plenty of room for creative and original thought.
You’ll get experience and knowledge from a successful, highly profitable company with strong potential for growth.
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Python / JS / CSS (Current site is in PHP, so some knowledge here would be helpful)
- Strong creative problem solver, able to devise solutions where none currently exist
- Strong organizational skills, Google Sheets, Docs etc.
- Able to respond to input from remote teams and get things done quickly
- Self-starter / works well under pressure
- Relentlessly positive attitude
You will learn:
- The challenges that rapidly growing eCommerce companies face
- How to prioritize web development for a large project (hundreds to thousands of products)
- How to combine front-end and back-end systems for optimum UX and scalability
- What it takes to bring a large project into fruition
Our company was built on the ideals of finding great people and making the most out of each individual’s strengths. You’ll enjoy a friendly, highly collaborative environment with genuine, talented, and hard-working people.
– Full Time
We’re seeking a full-time tech support/customer service representative.
While the job itself is fairly straightforward, specific knowledge of science and our industry will certainly help the successful applicant!
- Must be patient & responsive
- Must be able to deal with happy customers as well as upset ones
- Must be able to effectively tackle multiple issues over the phone in a reasonable timeline:
- Product troubleshooting
- Vacuum leaks
- Short path distillation kit assemblies (training will be provided)
- Short path distillation basics
- If needed, you’ll call companies to obtain accurate information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the consumer and faculty about issues (training provided)
- Know the products we carry
- Who makes those products
- How the products work
Extras That Can Set You Apart (not required):
- Familiarity with Odoo and WooCommerce
- Knowledge of any of the following:
- distillation, vacuum monitors, vacuum controllers, vacuum pumps, temperature monitors, temperature controllers, vacuum science, vacuum pumps, chillers, heaters, heating mantles, lab glassware, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferred
- Can work from home if needed
Our business is built on happy people – happy employees, and happy customers. If you’re passionate about helping people and you have a real flair for science and technology, then you just might be the perfect fit for this role!
Lab Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.