- Technical Sales (full time)
- (Written) Content Creator (part-time)
- Direct Sales (full time)
- Web Development (internship)
- Technical Support (full time)
- Account Manager (full time)
If you have a suspicion that you’re perfect for one of these roles, send us your contact information, a resume (and cover sheet if applicable) to [email protected]. Or, use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– The Lab Society Team
– Full Time
We are seeking an individual to support and sell our own products (and those of vendors), capabilities, and services to botanical extraction labs, testing labs, and other defined accounts.
Bilingual candidates strongly preferred!
The main responsibility as an Inside Technical Sales Specialist is to develop and grow revenue streams in the botanical extraction product sector by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers through sound application expertise and business acumen. Secondary responsibilities include supporting marketing initiatives – such as tabletop presentations and conference attendance, distributor training, and assisting with administrative tasks.
The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of the commercial extraction process, and understanding of the highly technical (large-scale) machines we carry is a must.
- execute a sales plan to assist the organization in meeting and exceeding the global sales objectives
- contribute to short and long-term business plans through in-depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials
- support distribution channels (specifically associated with opportunities) to develop maintain, and expand existing business
- support marketing in developing strategies and sales tools needed for product line success.
- qualify, develop and close prospects & customers according to strategic and territory plan
- engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails
- forecast business and sales accurately to the company as required
- attend trade shows and participate in marketing efforts
- provide feedback to FISI personnel on changes in the marketplace and competitive information
- complete reports and additional paperwork required in a timely fashion
- work within the expense guidelines
- other duties may be assigned as needed to achieve the corporate plan
- B.S. in a Biological/Chemical/Life Science with a minimum 2 years of relevant working experience, or M.S. with 0-2 years working experience
- work experience as a Botanical Extraction Lab Director or in Technical Scientific Equipment Sales is preferred
- training specific to the responsibilities at hand and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- minimum of two (2) years related experience in Sales, Marketing and related functions to Business Development in the scientific equipment industries
- minimum of one-year laboratory experience in botanical extractions or testing
- the ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions regardless of format – written or verbal
- intermediate level of sales and marketing techniques in a technical environment
- general knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- the ability to speak, write and read English fluently
- good oral and written communication skills
- You must be physically capable of rigorous, extensive air and automotive travel and spending considerable amounts of time away from home. You should also have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and you must be able to speak and hear, use a computer and telephone, and drive a motor vehicle.
- overnight travel as needed to achieve the business objectives
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] and put “Technical Sales” in the subject line, or use the form at the bottom of this page.
(Written) Content Creator
– Part Time to Start
Are you an expert in extraction, distillation, chemistry, and industry practices?
We’re looking for an individual to help us with content and material creation, and this person has to have extensive knowledge of the latest techniques, and of course, knowledge on how to operate and use our equipment is a huge plus!
If you’re an industry professional or just extremely knowledgeable in the space, we’re looking for you!
- Able to gather information (research) from multiple sources and distill accurate information into concise, written output.
- Able to research topics weekly based on input we provide and give us results back on a deadline.
- Great writer strongly preferred, but you’ll also work together with our editorial team.
- Our team will give you topic ideas, and your job will be to compile in-depth (accurate) information on those topics and create meaningful output – all within a week.
- Deliver one finished topic per week.
- Find ways of taking complex processes and making them understandable and simple for the casual reader, while still benefitting the scientific community.
– Full Time
We’re looking for talented, experienced salespeople (5 years+) with a strong knowledge of scientific equipment.
Experience in scientific equipment sales would be a major advantage, but it’s not strictly necessary for the position.
Bilingual candidates strongly preferred!
If you’ve got a sales background, technical know-how, and a desire to work within a rapidly growing company, then we’ve got the position for you! We offer competitive employment packages and a great commission structure, with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Researching and qualifying prospects
- Conducting phone calls with potential leads
- Seeking out new business opportunities
- Managing the full sales cycle; from prospecting outreach to closing
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with clients and their decision makers
- Communicating client needs to the operations team
- Building stronger relationships with existing clients
- Managing and growing our existing business
- Must have exceptional communication skills!
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (5) years of successful previous experience as a sales representative, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Business-to-business (B2B) experience is preferred
- Experience with CRM applications
- Must be focused and organized and have excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work across departments to achieve an end goal
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- A Bachelor’s of Science would be strongly preferred
– Full Time
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers.
The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively follow-up on invoice payments.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Work closely with finance on account management including accounts receivable and account reconciliation
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed; Proactive communications with operations, finance and sales to create solutions.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel); Experience with ERP systems a plus (e.g. Odoo)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Are you looking for a web development internship with a fast-growing tech start-up?
Then we’re looking for you!
We need a rising web development all-star who’s looking for a great summer project.
You’ll be working under our director of technology, and together we’ll migrate an existing site to a newer, more scalable platform. There will be significant challenges and puzzles to solve, with plenty of room for creative and original thought.
You’ll get experience and knowledge from a successful, highly profitable company with strong potential for growth.
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Python / JS / CSS (Current site is in PHP, so some knowledge here would be helpful)
- Strong creative problem solver, able to devise solutions where none currently exist
- Strong organizational skills, Google Sheets, Docs etc.
- Able to respond to input from remote teams and get things done quickly
- Self-starter / works well under pressure
- Relentlessly positive attitude
You will learn:
- The challenges that rapidly growing eCommerce companies face
- How to prioritize web development for a large project (hundreds to thousands of products)
- How to combine front-end and back-end systems for optimum UX and scalability
- What it takes to bring a large project into fruition
Our company was built on the ideals of finding great people and making the most out of each individual’s strengths. You’ll enjoy a friendly, highly collaborative environment with genuine, talented, and hard-working people.
– Full Time
We’re seeking a full-time tech support/customer service representative.
While the job itself is fairly straightforward, specific knowledge of science and our industry will certainly help the successful applicant!
- Must be patient & responsive
- Must be able to deal with happy customers as well as upset ones
- Must be able to effectively tackle multiple issues over the phone in a reasonable timeline:
- Product troubleshooting
- Vacuum leaks
- Short path distillation kit assemblies (training will be provided)
- Short path distillation basics
- If needed, you’ll call companies to obtain accurate information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the consumer and faculty about issues (training provided)
- Know the products we carry
- Who makes those products
- How the products work
Extras That Can Set You Apart (not required):
- Familiarity with Odoo and WooCommerce
- Knowledge of any of the following:
- distillation, vacuum monitors, vacuum controllers, vacuum pumps, temperature monitors, temperature controllers, vacuum science, vacuum pumps, chillers, heaters, heating mantles, lab glassware, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferred
- Can work from home if needed
Our business is built on happy people – happy employees, and happy customers. If you’re passionate about helping people and you have a real flair for science and technology, then you just might be the perfect fit for this role!
Lab Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.