- Financial Controller (full time)
- Shipping & Receiving (full time)
- Technical Sales (full time)
- (Written) Content Creator (part-time)
- Direct Sales (full time)
- Web Development (internship)
- Technical Support (full time)
- Sales Administrator (full time)
If you have a suspicion that you’re perfect for one of these roles, send us your contact information, a resume (and cover sheet if applicable) to [email protected]. Or, use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– The Lab Society Team
– Full Time
We’re looking for a passionate Financial Controller to monitor, oversee, and manage our company’s day-to-day finance and accounting activities. This position will report to the CFO and play a key role in the development of a best-in-class finance department, reporting financial results to management and key stakeholders.
- Manage all accounting operations in accordance with GAAP / IFRS, tax, corporate compliance and financial reporting standards
- Review, reconciliation, closing and analysis of monthly financial statements including balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow statements
- Evaluate the financial performance of the company and provide both short-term and long-term recommendations for the continued growth of the organization
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Assist in creating and establishing detailed budgets for each business line/division
- Compile reports for management that outline performance of the company (actual vs. budget, forecast, prior year, etc.)
- Support and drive efficient month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Oversight of company cash management (receivables, payables, inventory, etc.) and provide guidance to staff/identify potential areas of improvement
- Enforce existing and create additional policies and procedures as needed to ensure proper controls and compliance
- Working with external auditors and consultants as needed
- Oversee and improve the company’s cloud-based ERP system as it relates to finance and accounting
- Work closely with the company’s finance team for timely reporting to maximize results
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller in a growing organization; Minimum five years as a Controller / Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA a plus
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, tax compliance
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process
- Experience with relevant ERP accounting software; Odoo a plus
- Willingness to be hands on with the day to day requirements of the department
- Ability to work in a high growth, dynamic environment
Shipping & Receiving
– Full Time
Lab Society is a leading supplier of Distillation & Organic Chemistry Equipment. We are seeking an individual to join our growing team in Boulder, CO in our Shipping and Receiving Department.
- Meet inbound trucks, inspect paperwork and shipments to ensure correct/undamaged. Assist in unloading trucks, as necessary.
- Count, weigh, and verify incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepare outbound shipments (verify weights/counts and lot information, prepare paperwork, wrap pallets, etc).
- Handle and move materials using electric/non-electric pallet jacks and stand-up/sit-down forklifts.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and filed.
- Adhere to OSHA and other safety practices and procedures.
- Organize & Learn multiple SKU codes to corresponding products.
- Attention to detail through a variety of product codes.
- Minimum one-year experience in material handling and shipping/receiving/warehouse experience.
- Experience and certification in driving a forklift.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational abilities, and work ethic.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Performing physical activities that require the use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] and put “Shipping & Receiving” in the subject line, or use the form at the bottom of this page.
– Full Time
We are seeking an individual to support and sell our own products (and those of vendors), capabilities, and services to botanical extraction labs, testing labs, and other defined accounts.
Bilingual candidates strongly preferred!
The main responsibility as an Inside Technical Sales Specialist is to develop and grow revenue streams in the botanical extraction product sector by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers through sound application expertise and business acumen. Secondary responsibilities include supporting marketing initiatives – such as tabletop presentations and conference attendance, distributor training, and assisting with administrative tasks.
The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of the commercial extraction process, and understanding of the highly technical (large-scale) machines we carry is a must.
- execute a sales plan to assist the organization in meeting and exceeding the global sales objectives
- contribute to short and long-term business plans through in-depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials
- support distribution channels (specifically associated with opportunities) to develop maintain, and expand existing business
- support marketing in developing strategies and sales tools needed for product line success.
- qualify, develop and close prospects & customers according to strategic and territory plan
- engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails
- forecast business and sales accurately to the company as required
- attend trade shows and participate in marketing efforts
- provide feedback to FISI personnel on changes in the marketplace and competitive information
- complete reports and additional paperwork required in a timely fashion
- work within the expense guidelines
- other duties may be assigned as needed to achieve the corporate plan
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Large Scale Botanical Extraction Equipment Operational Processing or Sales Experience (Required)
- Initial Extraction Equipment – with a focus on ethanol extraction
- Large Scale Filtration, Solvent Recovery and Decarboxylation
- Distillation – Thin Film Distillation
- Isolation Reactors
- Chromatography-Flash, CPC, Analytical Testing Equipment
- B.S. in a Biological/Chemical/Life Science with a minimum 2 years of relevant working experience, or M.S. with 0-2 years working experience
- work experience as a Botanical Extraction Lab Director or in Technical Scientific Equipment Sales is preferred
- training specific to the responsibilities at hand and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- minimum of two (2) years related experience in Sales, Marketing and related functions to Business Development in the scientific equipment industries
- minimum of one-year laboratory experience in botanical extractions or testing
- the ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions regardless of format – written or verbal
- intermediate level of sales and marketing techniques in a technical environment
- general knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- the ability to speak, write and read English fluently
- good oral and written communication skills
- You must be physically capable of rigorous, extensive air and automotive travel and spending considerable amounts of time away from home. You should also have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and you must be able to speak and hear, use a computer and telephone, and drive a motor vehicle.
- overnight travel as needed to achieve the business objectives
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] and put “Technical Sales” in the subject line, or use the form at the bottom of this page.
(Written) Content Creator
– Part Time to Start
Are you an expert in extraction, distillation, chemistry, and industry practices?
We’re looking for an individual to help us with content and material creation, and this person has to have extensive knowledge of the latest techniques, and of course, knowledge on how to operate and use our equipment is a huge plus!
If you’re an industry professional or just extremely knowledgeable in the space, we’re looking for you!
- Able to gather information (research) from multiple sources and distill accurate information into concise, written output.
- Able to research topics weekly based on input we provide and give us results back on a deadline.
- Great writer strongly preferred, but you’ll also work together with our editorial team.
- Our team will give you topic ideas, and your job will be to compile in-depth (accurate) information on those topics and create meaningful output – all within a week.
- Deliver one finished topic per week.
- Find ways of taking complex processes and making them understandable and simple for the casual reader, while still benefitting the scientific community.
– Full Time
We’re looking for talented, experienced salespeople (5 years+) with a strong knowledge of scientific equipment.
Experience in scientific equipment sales would be a major advantage, but it’s not strictly necessary for the position.
Bilingual candidates strongly preferred!
If you’ve got a sales background, technical know-how, and a desire to work within a rapidly growing company, then we’ve got the position for you! We offer competitive employment packages and a great commission structure, with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Researching and qualifying prospects
- Conducting phone calls with potential leads
- Seeking out new business opportunities
- Managing the full sales cycle; from prospecting outreach to closing
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with clients and their decision makers
- Communicating client needs to the operations team
- Building stronger relationships with existing clients
- Managing and growing our existing business
- Must have exceptional communication skills!
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (5) years of successful previous experience as a sales representative, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Business-to-business (B2B) experience is preferred
- Experience with CRM applications
- Must be focused and organized and have excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work across departments to achieve an end goal
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- A Bachelor’s of Science would be strongly preferred
– Full Time
We are looking for a Sales Administrator to help coordinate the back-end of large technical sales to ensure the completion of a sale from payment to delivery.
The Sales Administrator’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively follow-up on invoice payments.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Create and execute down payment agreements
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Coordinating customer payments to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Work closely with finance on account management including accounts receivable and account reconciliation
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed; Proactive communications with operations, finance and sales to create solutions.
- Proven work experience as a sales administrator or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel); Experience with ERP systems a plus (e.g. Odoo)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Are you looking for a web development internship with a fast-growing tech start-up?
Then we’re looking for you!
We need a rising web development all-star who’s looking for a great summer project.
You’ll be working under our director of technology, and together we’ll migrate an existing site to a newer, more scalable platform. There will be significant challenges and puzzles to solve, with plenty of room for creative and original thought.
You’ll get experience and knowledge from a successful, highly profitable company with strong potential for growth.
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Python / JS / CSS (Current site is in PHP, so some knowledge here would be helpful)
- Strong creative problem solver, able to devise solutions where none currently exist
- Strong organizational skills, Google Sheets, Docs etc.
- Able to respond to input from remote teams and get things done quickly
- Self-starter / works well under pressure
- Relentlessly positive attitude
You will learn:
- The challenges that rapidly growing eCommerce companies face
- How to prioritize web development for a large project (hundreds to thousands of products)
- How to combine front-end and back-end systems for optimum UX and scalability
- What it takes to bring a large project into fruition
Our company was built on the ideals of finding great people and making the most out of each individual’s strengths. You’ll enjoy a friendly, highly collaborative environment with genuine, talented, and hard-working people.
– Full Time
We’re seeking a full-time tech support/customer service representative.
While the job itself is fairly straightforward, specific knowledge of science and our industry will certainly help the successful applicant!
- Must be patient & responsive
- Must be able to deal with happy customers as well as upset ones
- Must be able to effectively tackle multiple issues over the phone in a reasonable timeline:
- Product troubleshooting
- Vacuum leaks
- Short path distillation kit assemblies (training will be provided)
- Short path distillation basics
- If needed, you’ll call companies to obtain accurate information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the consumer and faculty about issues (training provided)
- Know the products we carry
- Who makes those products
- How the products work
Extras That Can Set You Apart (not required):
- Familiarity with Odoo and WooCommerce
- Knowledge of any of the following:
- distillation, vacuum monitors, vacuum controllers, vacuum pumps, temperature monitors, temperature controllers, vacuum science, vacuum pumps, chillers, heaters, heating mantles, lab glassware, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferred
- Can work from home if needed
Our business is built on happy people – happy employees, and happy customers. If you’re passionate about helping people and you have a real flair for science and technology, then you just might be the perfect fit for this role!
Lab Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.